An orthodontist is a type of dentist who specializes in straightening crooked teeth. I want to be orthodontist because it is a good payment for an hour and a year. Here's some things that orthodontists need, and have.
- Have a median wage of $196,170 per year (with a hourly rate of $94.31)
- The Education Required is: Undergraduate degree; Doctor of Dental Science degree via the completion of four years of study at an accredited dental school; orthodontics residency
- Types of companies who hire this job is Kool Smiles, West Coast Dental Services, Dr Zak Dental Care, Wilmington Community Clinic, and more.
- The Work Experienced Required is Orthodontists must complete dental school before legally practicing. They must also pursue specialized orthodontics training after graduating from dental school. All dentists, including orthodontists, must be licensed in their states in order to practice. A lot of graduate and doctoral programs in orthodontics focus on anatomy and orthodontic theory.
- The Education Experience Required is An orthodontist is a dental specialist and to become one requires an additional 2 to 3 years of advanced education and training after acquiring a D.D.S. (Doctor of Dental Surgery) or a D.M.D. (Doctor of Dental Medicine).
- An Orthodontist diagnose and treat problems with patients teeth, gums, and related parts of the mouth. They provide advice and instruction on taking care of the teeth and gums and on diet choices that affect oral health.
Being an Orthodontist interests me because I want to fix people's teeth because I think they should get as much help as possible with what's bothering them or if their teeth isn't straight. I also want to be a orthodontist because I'd do it no matter what the salary! It's FUN! I have the best time seeing patients who WANT to be there, and seeing their happiness when every day they look better. Nothing beats the appreciation when you take the braces off and they have whole new look! Plus, you get to know families and watch the kids grow up. You become part of their lives. You are a role model, a sympathetic ear, a friend
It's the best job in the world, and TOTALLY worth all the hard work to get there.